My Photo
Name:
Location: Tracy, California, United States

I live an insect life. I detest pop culture and mock it relentlessly. I have a sense of humor, but mostly find myself laughed at rather than laughed with... not that there's anything wrong with that...

Friday, April 07, 2006

Another Chambers/Lovecraftian Musing

The Sign

In forgotten tomes and a dusted room
Found ancient texts seldom read
I learned a secret known by few
Or perhaps only one, but he is dead.

I drew the Sign as best I could
I marked its lines, marked its flame
I scrawled it innocently on wood (at first)
Then painted it on dormant trains.

On aligned days those trains would move
And spread their gospel through the towns
While I sat indignant near the tombs
Polishing my inevitable crown.

That day the Moon was deep in Taurus
The Hyades cluster embraced that disk
And I made supplication to vengeful Horus
And he I cannot name due to untold risk.

The King in Yellowed scalloped tatters
I became for he was me
I appeared before the court in fetters
I bowed my head - it was plain to see...

I fell into their millenial trap
And he, though nameless, produced the bait
I searched for true power, not monetary crap.
The Phantom of Truth, I knew him late.

Now I lie beneath Lake Hali, dreaming
Waiting for the stars to align once more
Sending my signals ethereally careening
To the minds of mortals, curious and sore.

Should you pore over books forgotten
Should you discover the liberating phrase
Flee to corners remote and untrodden
For vengeance in Carcosa will certainly blaze.

And do not think I have forgotten Earth
That blue pinpoint in the eldritch black
I will return with Horus to a place called Perth
And grant to aborigines a power they lack...

I shall rule the Capricornus isles
With crown and sceptre begin Phase Three
The Sign shall be posted on billboard tiles
For all the world to see.

I shall sit in Perth with my feet uncurled
Reading of Carcosa to the music of Brahms.
You see, there are more dangerous things in this world
Than atom bombs....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home